- COMPLETION OF OUR ONLINE ENTRY SYSTEM via this website and payment by Paypal is preferred.
- This Exhibition is run within FIAP and PSA recommended procedures and regulations. Please also see their definition statements to ensure your entries conform to the sections.
- There are SIX SEPARATE SECTIONS
- THREE PRINT - Open Monochrome (PSA Large Print), Open Colour (PSA Large Print), Nature (PSA ND);
- THREE PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE - Open Monochrome (PID Mono), Open Colour (PID Color), Nature (PSA ND)
- The Exhibition is open to anyone, however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organisation or its agent believes the entry does not conform to the Exhibtiion Rules and Conditions.
- Entries are limited to not more than 4 images per section, category or class per author. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging.
- Each Photograph must have a unique title.
- Each entrant will receive a printed colour catalogue, whether or not they have work accepted.
- There are awards for the Best Scottish Club, the Best UK Club outwith Scotland, and the Best Club outwith UK
- ENTRIES CONTAINING PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGES must be entered via our website upload - ONLINE ENTRY ONLY;
- Maximum size 1600 pixels horizontal and 1200 pixels vertical, at 300ppi, in jpeg format. The Colour Space is sRGB. Images will be projected at 1600x1200 on Canon WUX500 Projectors. Our Projection background is Black.
- IMAGE FILENAMING - You do not need to number or change your filename before uploading to our online system - The Title you enter in the box supplied will automatically become the filename for your image - Please ensure that you enter this TITLE how you wish it to appear in the Catalogue.
- PRINTS must not exceed 500 x 400 mm, UNMOUNTED is preferred. Overseas prints MUST be unmounted. UK prints will continue to be accepted mounted.
- Each entry must show - author’s name, title and number as per the manual entry form/online entry form. No title or identification of the maker shall be written anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount. Only pressure sensitive (self adhesive labels) may be used on the backs of unmounted prints.
- Overseas Entrants - Maximum weight of packages not to exceed 2 Kilos. Entries should be sent with customs labels stating - 'NO COMMERCIAL VALUE' 'Photographs for Exhibition Only' 'Temporary Import - To Be Returned to Sender' - Packages showing a Customs value will not be accepted.
- NATURE SECTIONS - Images to be considered for the Wildlife Medal must be marked 'W' in the column provided on both manual and online entry forms, as certification that the photograph, so designated, complies with both the general nature and the authentic wildlife definitions. For these defintions please see DEFINITIONS section of this website.
- The same image may not be entered in more than one section in the same year irrespective of media, mono or colour.
- Photographs that have been accepted for previous Scottish Salons or which are so similar as to be indistinguishable from previous acceptances are ineligible. Once an image has been accepted in a Recognised exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image: (i) May not be re-entered in any section of the same division in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title. (ii) May not be re-titled for entry in any other Recognised Exhibition. (iii) May not be converted to Monochrome and considered a different image.
- Images entered must be entirely the work of the photographer. Composite images are permitted provided all component images meet this requirement. For the avoidance of doubt, use of images from any other source including, but not limited to, royalty free image banks and clipart are not permitted.
- By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted) and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and /or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
- The Organisers will take all possible care but cannot accept liability for damage to or loss of entries.
- There is an entry fee FOR EACH SECTION see ENTRY FEES for full details
- Entries received without fee will not be judged and no further cost will be incurred until the appropriate fee is received.
- Club/Group Entries - Are accepted at a discounted rate. Entries are accepted at £1.20 (2 Euros/US $2) per photograph – minimum remittance £25.00 (40 Euros/US $40) PLUS RETURN POSTAGE as per the rate below.
- Please note - all report cards, catalogues will be returned to one address, as will the entries unless asked to forward to another exhibition. You can choose to enter as a Club/Group using our Online Entry System, which will automatically calculate the discounted price. If entering using the Manual Entry Form; Please use a separate entry form for each author; photocopies are acceptable.
- NOTE - Even if you are not a Club, we are happy for Groups of Individuals to ENTER in this way to save on costs. Just enter as a group on our website and leave the Club name blank. You do not however Qualify for the Club Award unless you are a Bone Fida Club.
- UK Entrants - Cheques to – ‘SCOTTISH PHOTOGRAPHIC FEDERATION (SALON A/C)’. Paypal available online entry only.
- Overseas Entrants – Payment via our Website by Paypal is preferred. Alternatively Bank notes will be accepted with prints – We cannot accept Foreign Cheques, Euro cheques, or Coins.
- Postage must be included for all Print entries, unless you do not wish your entry to be returned, or you wish your entry to be forwarded to Edinburgh, or collected at PAGB Warwick (July). Entries will not be returned unless sufficient postage is received. Entries not returned will be destroyed. (Please Note - Prints will be returned by Surface Mail except to Europe)
- Return Postage for prints as follows - UK - £7.00 + 25p per print; EUROPE/REST of the WORLD - (€ 10 euros + € 0.50 per print) ($15 US + $1.00 per print) Please Note – This does not include 1st Class/Airmail return of Prints)
- BREACH OF CONDITIONS OF ENTRY -
- If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organiser or the Judges before, during or after the judging of the exhibition, that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organisers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organisers is final.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
a) the images are the original work of the entrant and
b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted image fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organiser's evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations.
PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
Each entrant to FIAP salons must observe the rules of FIAP. Each author whose image shows any suspicions about the compliance with FIAP regulations or definitions can be requested by the organiser or by FIAP, to submit the original file (file containing the data recorded by the sensor, if so, the RAW file) plus the file of the image immediately before and immediately following the questionable image. If he/she failed to provide what is required, he can be sanctioned. The names of sanctioned entrants are put on a list, which is sent to the organisers of FIAP salons. Their participation in any event of FIAP is restricted or banned depending on the case. Neither can they be appointed as judges of FIAP salons, nor participate in a salon under FIAP patronage, nor organise a salon with FIAP patronage, nor apply for FIAP distinctions and they lose the right to use FIAP distinctions they have formerly received.
IMPORTANT: Concerning digital entries, FIAP recommends that authors should preserve intact, with no alteration, the original metadata of images. In case of contestation for incompliance with FIAP regulations the fact of not being able to access this important data could mean that the author could be sanctioned. Persons who are found guilty of plagiarism are excluded lifelong from FIAP activities. Salon chairmen, persons closely involved in the organisation of the salon and persons in charge of the handling of the salon software are not allowed to participate in the salon.
By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection the following terms:
- that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP,
- that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking,
- that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP,
- that in case of sanctions following the non-compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules.
It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
- Submission of entries implies acceptance of all of these conditions.