If you wish to enter as a Group or Club, to take advantage of the reduced fees, or to save on postage, the full Group or Club entry must be completed online at the one time, by one designated member of the Group or Club. Please box up your Group/Club Entry and ensure a paper copy of all your Entry Forms or Online Entry is included along with any payment. The prints can then be posted in 2 or 3 packages if the weight requires this.
NOTE - EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A CLUB, WE ARE HAPPY FOR GROUPS OF INDIVIDUALS TO ENTER IN THIS WAY TO SAVE ON COSTS. Simply enter on our website and select Group/Club, and leave the name of the Club/Group blank. You do not however qualify for the Club Awards unless you are a bone fida Club/Society.
Please note that for Group/Club Entries; all results, all catalogues and prints will be returned to the one address, that of the designated Group/Club organiser.
- COMPLETION OF OUR ONLINE ENTRY FORM and payment by Paypal is preferred. Payment by Paypal is only available for online entry.
- Projected Digital Images must be entered via our Online Entry System
- If you are entering both Prints and PDIs then you must enter using the Online Entry System
- The Online Entry Form requires less information than the paper version for Group/Club Entries.The Group/Club organiser will be asked to complete all of the Entry details for all of his Club/Group but will not be asked for all of your author’s addresses or email address. Only their Name, Photographic Honours, Titles of their Prints and, if entering Nature Prints, a note if they qualify for the ‘Wildlife’ Medal will be required, along with the Entry Fee (and Postage if applicable).
- If the Group/Club individual authors wish to be kept updated about the Scottish Salon and its Exhibition please encourage them to sign up for our mailing list on this website where they will receive their own individual updates during the Salon, and notice of our Exhibition, future Entry Forms etc.
- For PRINT ONLY Entries - If entering using the PDF of the Entry Form, please use a separate entry form for each author. You must indicate on your Entry Form who will be the Group/Club organiser.
- Postage must be included for all Print entries, unless you do not wish your entry to be returned, or you wish your entry to be forwarded to Edinburgh. Please Note that the entire Group/Club’s Entry must be forwarded unless you have made an arrangement separately with the Scottish Salon Chairman, prior to completing your entry. Entries will not be returned unless sufficient postage is received. Entries not returned will be destroyed.
- Please ensure that each print shows - author’s name, title and number as per the entry forms. No title or identification of the maker shall be written anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount.
- Club Entries are accepted at £1 (2 Euros/US $2) per photograph – minimum remittance £20 (40 Euros/US $40) PLUS RETURN POSTAGE as per the rate below. (£ Sterling Cheques only accepted on UK banks.- see Entry Fees section for full details)
- Please Note - If all of your Group/Club enter the maximum number of 4 prints and 4 PDIs in all six sections, you may find that it is cheaper to enter as an individual, dependant on currency you are paying in.
- If you wish your Prints returned you must include Return Postage for prints as follows – £7 + 25p per print (€ 10 euros + € 0.50 per print) ($15 US + $1.00 per print) (Please Note – This does not include 1st Class/Airmail return of Prints)
- Overseas Entrants – Maximum weight of packages not to exceed 2 kilos. Entries should be sent with customs labels stating - ‘Photographs for exhibition only’ ‘To be returned to sender’ ‘NO COMMERCIAL VALUE’
- There are awards for the Best Scottish Club and for The Best Club from outwith UK, and for Best UK Club excluding Scotland.
- UK Clubs may be able to collect their prints from Carluke or PAGB Warwick or Other as arranged to save on return postage costs - Please Contact Libby Smith Salon Chairman BEFORE starting your online entry (Contact details are on the main page of this website)
Best Club Awards
- A League Table for each will be issued after the Judging once all of the Judge’s scores have been added up.
- The Club Results are worked out as follows – Clubs will be awarded 1 point for each Print or PDI entered, and 10 points for each print or PDI acceptance, and a further 2 points for an Individual award.
- The Clubs with the highest Points Total will be awarded - an SPF Gold Medal for the Best Club entry, and the ‘Dumfries Octocentenary Trophy’ will be presented to the Best Scottish Club entry.